We are so excited to begin our 60th season at Linda Faulkner Dance School! We offer dance classes beginning at age 3 (and potty trained!) through age 18 (inquire for ages over 18). All levels of dancers are welcome! Our goal is to provide a quality dance education focusing on technique and creativity. At LFDS, our instructors strive to make classes both fun and educational. Our desire is for our students to have fun while pursuing their passion for the arts. We also want our students to learn that, as with anything in life, it requires hard work, discipline, and commitment to succeed. We strive to give them tools and characteristics that will carry them through life, beyond the dance studio setting.
Our main form of communication with you will be via email. If you need to change the email you have on file with us, please update it at any time using the link to the parent portal which can be found on our website, LindaFaulknerDance.com. If you have not received an email from us, we either do not have your correct email address on file or the emails may be going to your spam folder.
During the dance season, notes are occasionally sent home with your dancers so please make a habit of asking your dancer after class if they received a note. We also post in the LFDS Parent Group on Facebook. Please be sure to add yourself to the group if you have not already done so. Please also follow us on Facebook and Instagram. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT POLICIES
At LFDS, classes are formed AFTER registration closes on an “on demand” basis. A complete registration will include acceptance of the online policy/waiver and payment of the registration fee. A non-refundable registration fee of $40 per student is due upon registration. Registration fee must be paid within 24 hours of submission of the online registration. Payment may be paid through Venmo (@Kandi-Atchley), by visiting the office during regular office hours, or may be paid by slipping a check or cash through the door at the studio. A receipt will be emailed to the main email address on file within 24 hours of receipt of payment.
· PARENT PORTAL- Each family has a portal to access account information and to register for classes. It is your responsibility to keep all information up to date. You can sign up or log in on the homepage of our website.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions about your portal and/or account information.
· TUITION- Dance tuition is based on a full season and is averaged over 9 monthly payments (September through May). No payment is due in June. We offer the following discounts on tuition:
· 5% discount on any account totaling $1000 or more for the season
· 10% discount on any account paid in full (full season) by
August 15, 2023
· 7% discount on any account paid in full (full season) by
October 6, 2023.
The first month’s tuition is due by September 5, 2023 and is NON-REFUNDABLE. Tuition is NOT based on the number of classes in the month nor on attendance. Monthly tuition will not be prorated or adjusted due to scheduled holiday closures or student absences. There is no refund for missed classes. You may pay the full season up front and receive a discount or you may pay monthly. Monthly tuition payments are due the first lesson of the month and are late if not received by the date specified on the studio calendar. Payments not received by the due date will result in a $18 late fee being applied to the account. Late fees will apply to any account with a balance over $20 beyond the due date. Accounts not paid by the 15th of the month may be posted by name and amount on the studio wall on the 16th of the month.
You will NOT receive a billing statement or invoice; however, you may check your balance in the parent portal at any time.
It is understood that, in the event of a forced studio closure due to pandemic, classes will move to a virtual format and tuition will remain the same as it is for in person classes. There will be no refunds if we are forced to move to a virtual format.
Any dancer with an outstanding balance of 30 days or more will not be allowed to participate in class. Occasional exceptions are allowed if arrangements have been made in advance with the studio office. Communication is key.
IMPORTANT: All accounts must be at a ZERO balance no later than May 3, 2024 so that dancers may participate in the annual recital.
· 30-minute class- $375 per season/$41.67 per month
· 45-minute class- $425 per season/$47.23 per month
· 1-hour class- $475 per season/$52.78 per month
· 1-hour Company class- $575 per season/$63.89 per month
· Pointe class/Level 8+ Acro class- $625 per season/$69.45 per month
· Private lesson- $25 per 30-minute class, $30 per 45 minute class, $35 per hour
· Private lesson with recital choreography- Initial cost of $300 includes recital choreography and 6 lessons followed by
$35 per lesson beyond the first 6 lessons.
(See Mrs. Kandi to request private lessons)
A student is to have no more than five (5) absences for the dance season. LFDS Company Team and Pointe classes are allowed no more than three (3). Nor should they have more than two consecutive absences. More than the allowed number of absences or more than two consecutive absences may result in the student being dropped from the class in which the absences have occurred. Consistent attendance is imperative to learn and reach the goals that the instructor has set for the class. There are, of course, exceptions made when necessary. COMMUNICATION is key. Please keep us informed so that we can help in any way possible. If you don’t tell us, we don’t know!
Repeated tardiness or absences may result in class placement changes. The studio is to be notified prior to class time if a student will be absent. THERE ARE NO REFUNDS ON TUITION OR COSTUME DEPOSITS IF A DANCER IS DROPPED FROM CLASS FOR ANY REASON.
MAKE UP CLASSES: If your dancer misses class due to illness or other personal reasons, make up classes may be offered at the discretion of the instructor IF there is a comparable class that can be attended that will be to the benefit of the dancer. Make up classes are ONLY offered if the studio is notified in ADVANCE of the dancer’s absence. Please ALWAYS contact the studio when your dancer is going to be absent. THANK YOU.
Linda Faulkner Dance School requires written notice (by LFDS online drop form- link will be included in the welcome email before the season begins) if you choose to withdraw your dancer from class(es). This is the ONLY accepted manner to withdraw regardless of the situation. It is not sufficient notice to merely tell the instructor, other employee, or have your dancer’s friend tell the instructor. By accepting this policy, you understand that you are responsible for tuition until the date that the LFDS drop form is received by office personnel. A final total will be provided, and final payment is due within 7 days of withdrawal. Any outstanding balance will continue to incur monthly late fees and may be transferred to a collection agency if not paid in a timely manner. Costume deposits, registration, and previous tuition are non-refundable and non-transferable.
ARRIVAL AND LATE PICK UP
All children under the age of 6 should be accompanied to the door of the dance studio when arriving for class. Please be sure your current cell phone number is on file and please return 5 minutes before the end of class so that when they walk out of class, they are walking directly to you. We ask that you remind your child (of ANY age) that at NO TIME are they to be waiting outside of the building for their ride.
It is important that dancers are picked up from class in a timely manner. If parents do not make arrangements for dancers to stay late, there will be a childcare fee of $5 for every 15 minutes the parent is late during regular studio hours. If your dancer is picked up late at the end of the day, the charge will be $1 per minute beginning 10 minutes after the last class is dismissed for the day. Keep in mind that office personnel are not always in the office so supervision is not always available, as our teachers are TEACHING. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
· PRESCHOOL/KINDERGARTEN COMBO CLASS- Offered to dancers age 3 (and potty trained) through Kindergarten. This class consists of basic tap, pre-ballet, and creative movement. Dancers must be age 3 by August 1. Class length- 45 minutes (preschool) or one hour (grade school).
· TAP AND BALLET COMBO CLASS- Offered to dancers 1st grade through 4th grade. Class length- One hour.
· TINY TUMBLING- Offered to dancers ages 3-5 as a supplement to our combo class. Dancers MUST be enrolled in combo class to be enrolled in TINY TUMBLING. This is a NON-PERFORMING class. Class length- 45 minutes.
· KINDERGARTEN THROUGH 2ND GRADE ACROBATICS- Dancers at this age must also be enrolled in a COMBO class. No exceptions. Mandatory placement assessment required for ALL students. Class length- 45 minutes or one hour depending on level.
· ACROBATICS- Offered to dancers 3rd grade and older. Mandatory placement assessment required for all students. Class length- 45 minutes or one hour depending on level. Level 8+ requires an additional conditioning class.
· BALLET- Offered in Combo class for younger students, offered as a separate class for dancers 5th grade and older. Pointe classes are offered by instructor placement only. Ballet class length- 30 minutes, 45 minutes, or one hour depending on level. Pointe class length- 90 minutes OR 60 minutes with an additional 30-45 minute pointe conditioning class (pointe conditioning is mandatory).
· HIP HOP- Offered to dancers 4th grade and older. Class length- 45 minutes.
· JAZZ- Offered to dancers 4th grade and older. Class length- 45 minutes or one hour depending on level.
· TAP- Offered in Combo class for younger students, offered as a separate class for dancers 5th grade and older. Class length- 30 minutes or 45 minutes depending on level.
· ZUMBA KIDS- Offered to dancers age 4 through 10 years old. Class length- 30 minutes or 45 minutes depending on age.
· LFDS COMPANY DANCE TEAM- Performance team offered to dancers with a minimum of ONE YEAR of experience in jazz. Audition required for placement. Dancers on the team MUST be enrolled in either a ballet class or jazz class (preferably both). Inquire for details on auditioning. Class length- one hour (may be 90 minutes depending on the size of the team).
CLASS PLACEMENT- Students will be placed in class according to their age/grade and ability when applicable. Recommendations will be given to new students that are unsure of which classes to enroll in. Please speak with office staff if suggestions are needed. If office staff is unavailable, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proper attire is both an honor to the specific discipline they are learning, and an attire that is safe for class. Proper attire also enables the instructor to see the dancers’ positions and movement in order to give necessary corrections for the benefit of the dancers’ education. Dress code also teaches discipline which is important in an art as demanding as dance. Dancers will not be allowed to participate in class if they do not wear the required class wear.
Bare tummies are not allowed at any time.
· Combo classes- Girls will need a plain black tank leotard, any color tights, black matte buckle tap shoes, pink ballet shoes, and a dance bag for class. Hair should be pulled back away from the face. Dancers MAY wear any color or style leotard but MUST have the required leotard just in case it is needed for a performance or as a base under a costume. Any tutu or skirt may also be worn in class. At no time should a dancer’s tummy be bare (NO two-piece dance wear allowed).
Boys will need black tap shoes, black ballet shoes, and are to wear a t-shirt and pants, shorts, or sweats. NO JEANS! Clothing should not restrict movement.
· Acro classes- Girls will need either a black tank leotard with fitted dance shorts or leggings or a dance unitard. Other colors of leotards and shorts may also be worn as long as the student owns the basic attire as it is often needed as a base under the recital costume. Revolution dark tan footless tights may be needed for the recital performance. Bare feet for all classes. Boys are to wear a t-shirt and pants, shorts, or sweats. NO JEANS! Clothing should not restrict movement.
· Ballet classes- Girls will need a leotard of any style or color, Revolution natural tights, and pink split sole ballet shoes. Ballet skirts and fitted dance shorts are optional (style must be approved by instructor). Hair MUST be worn in a BUN. NOTE: Dancers will NOT be allowed to participate in class if not wearing tights. Boys will need black ballet shoes and are to wear a t-shirt and pants, shorts, or sweats. NO JEANS! Clothing should not restrict movement.
· Hip Hop classes- Girls will need a black tank leotard. Girls AND Boys will need to wear comfortable active wear (cargos, capris, or pants. No shorts!). Shirts MAY be worn in hip hop classes as long as a leotard is worn under the shirt (girls). NO JEANS OR JEAN SHORTS! NO BARE TUMMIES! Required shoes are black high-top Converse Chuck Taylors. All shoes must be worn in the STUDIO ONLY. Shoes that are worn outside will NOT be allowed on the dance floor.
· Jazz classes- Girls will need a black tank leotard & footed or convertible Revolution dark tan tights. Dancers may wear other colors of leotards, but a leotard MUST be worn. Dancers may also wear FITTED jazz pants, leggings, dance capris, or dance shorts (with a fitted leg). NO JEANS OR JEAN SHORTS! TAN SLIP ON jazz shoes are required for all jazz classes. Boys will need tan jazz shoes and are to wear a t-shirt and pants, shorts, or sweats. NO JEANS! Clothing should not restrict movement.
· Tap classes- Girls will need a black tank leotard & footed or convertible Revolution dark tan tights. Dancers may wear other colors of leotards, but a leotard MUST be worn. Dancers may also wear FITTED jazz pants, leggings, dance capris, or dance shorts (with a fitted leg). NO JEANS OR JEAN SHORTS! The style of tap shoes that your child needs will depend on the level that your dancer is working at. That information will be provided by the instructor during the first week of class. If you have questions, please ask BEFORE making a purchase so that you don’t end up with an expensive pair of shoes that you can’t return! Boys will need black tap shoes and are to wear a t-shirt and pants, shorts, or sweats. NO JEANS! Clothing should not restrict movement.
· Zumba Kids classes- Girls will need a black tank leotard. Girls AND Boys will need to wear comfortable active wear (cargos, capris, or pants. No shorts!). Shirts MAY be worn in Zumba Kids classes as long as a leotard is worn under the shirt (girls). Required shoes are black high-top Converse Chuck Taylors. All shoes must be worn in the STUDIO ONLY. Shoes that are worn outside will NOT be allowed on the dance floor. Zumba is all about fun so the brighter colors the better!
The studio offers most of the dance wear required. (We do NOT offer the Converse for Hip Hop or Zumba Kids, those must be ordered by the parents.) We will have scheduled fittings at the beginning of the season and again before recital. Dance wear may be ordered during office hours each month throughout the dance season. Please see Mrs. Kandi or Miss Hayden during regular office hours if you need to place an order.
STUDIO HOLIDAYS/SCHEDULED CLOSURES
We will be CLOSED for these breaks/holidays/events:
o Thanksgiving Break- 11/20/23-11/25/23
o Winter Break- 12/25/23-1/5/24
o Colorado River Fair Performance- Thursday 3/14/24
o Spring Break- 4/1/24-4/5/24
*We will be OPEN and regular classes will be in session on all other holidays and/or days that there is no school.
Linda Faulkner Dance School puts on one major performance per season and select classes and the LFDS Company Dance Team have additional performances throughout the season. Participation in productions is a crucial and necessary component of a well-rounded dance education.
RECITAL- We produce an amazing recital at the end of the year with ALL LFDS Dancers. This is an exciting and rewarding end to our dance season! Show week is 6/10/24-6/15/24.
All dancers perform all three nights.
COSTUMES- All classes will receive a costume for the annual recital performance. Measuring will take place in class during the month of November and costumes will be ordered the first week of December. A non-refundable deposit of $65 per class is due by October 6 and will appear as a charge on your account when classes begin in September. Keep in mind that this is only a deposit. MOST costumes should be under $65, however, on occasion they are more than the deposit amount. All credits and balances are applied to accounts in January. Any costume balances are due with January tuition. ACCOUNTS MUST BE CURRENT for costumes to be ordered. ACCOUNTS MUST ALSO BE CURRENT for costumes to be released to dancers/parents. NO EXCEPTIONS.
NOTE: There are no cancellations, refunds, or returns on production-related items (costumes, props, accessories, etc.)
RECITAL FEE- There will be a recital fee of $35 per dancer or $50 per family that will be charged to your account in April. A discount will apply to families with more than one dancer. This fee will include your recital video, a memory book for each dancer on your account, and one parent pass per show that your dancer(s) is/are performing in.
Additional recital information will be available as show time approaches.
RECITAL COMMITMENT FORM- There will be a recital commitment agreement that must be signed and returned to the studio no later than November 3, 2023. This is to ensure that everyone understands our recital policies, procedures, and expectations and will help us provide the best possible performance experience for ALL of our dancers!